We Want to Hear From You!

This is a blog for the community, by the community! Submit writings, opinion columns, and/or pics of anything you think is important to share with fellow Denver Harbor residents! All submitted things will be given the credit of the person who wrote or sent in the work. Email us @ ourdhstreets@gmail.com.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Flooded Ditches

DH is notorious for having big, deep ditches that are easy to get stuck in. Amid all the complaining about how treacherous the ditches were from out of neighborhood visitors, I usually just smiled and said "Yeah. They may not be the nicest to look at, but at least it never floods here." So, I was pretty surprised to find that, although it was only about 2 hours of heavy steady rain last Friday, my ditches were flooded & much of the sidewalk leading to my house too. I wonder if it could have anything to do with the street expansions. Were new flood areas the trade off for wider streets, or is there another culprit I am missing?
For the record, I had to travel down Westhiemer to get home from work that day and it is NOT ready for any real raining to take place. I saw manholes fly up from flooding at intersections and San Jacinto Street looked more like San Jacinto River!

No comments:

Post a Comment